Saturday 8 September 2018

AMSI 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award







I was honoured yesterday by the Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI) along with 9 other outstanding Australian teachers and received an "Excellence in Teaching" award. 


Image may contain: one or more people



This is me with BHP Principal, Inclusion and Diversity Fiona Vines.


The Canberra Times, our local newspaper, did a very sympathetic write up about me, though I'm not sure about the "rockstar" bit:


I would like to thank everyone who has supported me in my mathematical journey, starting with my inspirational and extremely patient wife, my family, my colleagues, you - the readers of this blog - and ultimately my students who challenge me to think clearly and to be creative every day.

Regards

Bruce


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Bruce! I saw this in the paper... couldn't think of a more deserving recipient! Your ideas continue to inspire my Numeracy program every week. The activities you share on your blog are so engaging and assessment-rich and bring out the very best in my students.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments you would like to make?