Tuesday 21 August 2012

Churchill Fellow 2012

Earlier in the year I applied for Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Fellowship to study the inquiry process in mathematics education.

To my surprise, my application was successful and in 2013 I will have the opportunity to get out there and see what is happening.


Receiving my Churchill Fellowship from the Governor General, the Honorable Quentin Bryce

The Learning Journey


During April and part of May 2013 I will be visiting schools in New York, San Francisco, Tokyo and Singapore. I will also be attending the NCTM conference in Denver, Colorado.

I'm excited already - it should be lots of fun and a great experience. While I have made preliminary arrangements with several schools, if you happen to be in any of these cities and would like to arrange a visit, let me know and I'll see what we can organise.


Special Thanks


I'd like to thank several people who helped me in the application process - Peter Sullivan of Monash University, Melbourne; Philip Heath, Principal of Radford College; my staff team on Year 4 whose enthusiasm and support really encouraged me; and my wife and family - thanks everyone!


Want to apply for a Fellowship?

Interested? Are you an Australian citizen? (UK and NZ - you have your own associations)

Then look at the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust website - http://www.churchilltrust.com.au/








1 comment:

  1. Awesome picture with our Head of State, Fezz. I've been thinking about that idea of mine... who knows? Dehli, Mumbai, Jo/berg, Kingston....
    Congrats once again (formally on your blog) for your wonderful achievement!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments you would like to make?