Thursday 16 August 2018

Kids - They Never Cease to Amaze


We were making patterns yesterday. I wanted the kids to make a staircase pattern using Cuisenaire rods. I do this each year with my kids - I just like to see how they will interpret "staircase" and how they will use the materials provided.

For some unknown reason, I seem to expect my present class to be "less" than my previous classes - less creative, less perceptive, less able. Maybe I glamourise my previous students and forget their falibilities, remembering only their moments of glory.

Recycling old tasks gives me the opportunity to be surprised - even though I have expectations of what the new students will do, they never cease to amaze me with their own, individual responses.

So when we sat down to make a staircase pattern, I thought it was not going to be as good as last year. 

Here is what we did in 2017:

Click here

And here is what my current class came up with. Just as creative. Just as intuitive. Just as good.






























Kids - they never cease to amaze.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments you would like to make?